Muthaiga Country Club
Job Advertisement: Assistant Security Manager
The Role: The Assistant Security Manager will assist the Security Manager to ensure a safe and secure environment for Members and employees to enable continuance of smooth Club’s operations.
- Be in-charge at night, and in the absence of the Security Manager or as directed.
- Assist in managing outsourced security function. Ensure the outsourced security personnel comply with the Club’s security requirements and regulations.
- Assist in designing and implementing security policies, strategies, systems and procedures.
- Assist in motivating and providing direction to all security supervisors, controllers and officers. Ensure they are well trained to meet contractual requirements.
- Take appropriate action for all incidents reported accordingly.
- Conduct physical examination of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Manage and operate the CCTV system.
- Liaison with the emergency response team leader.
- Conduct regular risk assessment in relation to security requirements.
- Continuous analysis and evaluation of the existing security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain regular liaison with local police and other security agencies as necessary to ensure early detection and appropriate reporting of security threats.
- Participating in corporate security and risk management programs to keep abreast with changes in security legislation or directives and new technologies impacting security operations.
- Conduct fire drills and emergency (Security) evacuations.
- Carry out independent investigations for any breach of security and take comprehensive corrective action.
- Conduct regular checks on technical systems – lights, alarms, firefighting equipment to ensure they are in sound working order.
- Professional qualification in Security Management – Essential.
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position – Desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of high-tech security systems, and CCTV control rooms.
- Experience in occupational safety and risk management – desirable
- Experience in carrying out investigations – Essential
- Knowledge of Kenyan Laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement – Essential.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Team working skills
- Leadership and initiative
- Willingness to work long hours
- Meticulous and discreet
Those interested in this position should send CV to email@example.com on or before Wednesday, 31st July 2019.