Bank of Africa (BOA)
Job Title: Head of Business Banking
Available Positions: 1
- Regional Managers
- SME Manager
- Branch Managers
- SME Relationship Officers
Job location: Head Office
Expiry Date: Wednesday, 24th July 2019
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the Bank’s business strategy to acquire, manage and grow the SME business through the Retail Branch network within acceptable risk parameters.
- Provide strategic leadership to SME Banking through the Retail Branches by guiding all activities in the network to achieve the projected business goals.
- Develop and drive the Bank’s value chain strategy through innovative SME demand-driven solutions, products and services.
- Drive a vigorous sales management process within the Retail network; from prospecting to closure across all product ranges and SME market segments
- Lead the creation of customer insights through regular portfolio analysis and review of feedback from customers regarding products, processes, people and pricing.
- Drive a culture of excellent service and quality relationship management throughout the network to retain and develop customers and expand the Bank’s wallet-share by ensuring compliance with the Service Charter.
- Actively guide the Branch network in the negotiation and structuring of business deals with the aim of attaining value for the client, whilst meeting the business interests of the Bank.
- Continuously monitor the business portfolio to ensure vigilant covenants and arrears management in line with the Bank policies in order to spot early-attention areas. The objective is to maintain the loan portfolio’s NPA percentage within agreed parameters and ensure customers meet the contractual obligations to the Bank
- Constantly explore the enhancement of the Bank internal processes in order to be the preferred SME Bank in terms of service, innovation and customer awareness/responsiveness.
- Vigilantly monitor the market and industry trends, and competitor behavior to gather market intelligence, in order to advise and shape management response and the actions of the SME team to effectively manage opportunities and threats, with the aim of maximizing business performance
- Manage, motivate and develop the SME Banking team through rigorous performance management, coaching, mentoring and learning interventions to create a team able to deliver the Bank’s mission.
- University Degree in a business related field. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in SME/ Retail Sector 5 years of which must have been in a leadership role.
- Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, Sales, Relationship Management
- Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- A change agent able to drive growth while motivating staff.
Those interested in the role should apply by completing this Application Form by end of day Wednesday, 24th July 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only Applications sent through the careers portal will be considered.