The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa, has an excellent career opportunity for an individual who possesses a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidate will be a team player with ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical practice.
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
Reporting to the Head of Support Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, administering and Supervising the Catering Operations and Services, achieving good quality within budget constraint, and maintaining high standards of hygiene, whilst providing leadership to the Catering team and giving professional advice in Food & Beverage production & service to the Administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives, manage change, create quantifiable, actionable goals and communication of these goals and objectives to the catering department. Monitor and communicate to management on progress and achievement.
- Continual improvement, development and implementation of Quality Management Programmes e.g. HACCP/FSMS or any others that the Hospital Administration may want to introduce, ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed.
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus or trends in consumer tastes.
- Coordinate catering processes and ensure supervisors organize work plans, including leave and daily duty schedules for service personnel.
- Provide guidance to the F & B Supervisor & the Head Chef in the management of catering staff.
- Analyzing the Catering needs and approving catering requisitions to the Central Stores.
- Prepare and control the catering budget and meeting set financial targets and forecasts, while keeping financial and administrative records.
- Coordinate monthly departmental staff meetings to analyze performance, as well as listen to staff and recommend improvement suggestions to the Administration
- Supervise scheduled stock takes for all equipment & supplies in the department to ensure timely and proper re-stocking
- Analyze maintenance and repair needs of the department and requisition to Maintenance to address.
- Line management of staff in the catering department, organising, leading and motivating the catering team
- Carry out performance appraisals for the teams in conjunction with the team leaders to evaluate employees’ skills, achievements and growth, identifying & analyzing departmental training needs and recommending budgetary allocation.
- Ensure proper new staff induction before assigning duties
- Address disciplinary cases and refer them to the Head of the division
- Ensure that at all times, all catering Staff hold the requisite health certificates as per the Government of Kenya or County Government requirements
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Support or the Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Food & Beverage or Hospitality Management from a recognized institution
- At least 7 years’ work experience in a reputable organization in a similar role
- Trained and experienced in HACCP principles
- Experience in a 5 star hotel will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to think on your feet and take initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Team working skills
- The ability to lead and motivate staff
- Administrative ability
- Highly proficient in Microsoft computer packages, MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Budgeting and control
- An appreciation of customer expectations and commercial demands
- Ability to work under pressure
- A well-organized approach to work
- Flexibility and the ability to solve problems in a pressurized environment
- Customer-facing experience
- Experience in improving service delivery
- Drive and determination to improve standards and profitability.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than 09th August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be expected to report to work within two weeks.
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
NOTE: Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Current Coloured Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic and Professional certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers (where applicable)
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).