Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) … Promoting access to quality health care
Job Vacancy: CHAK Cluster Lead & HIV AIDS Specialist
Christian Health Association of Kenya is a national faith based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships.
CHAK is seeking suitable candidates for the position of CHAK Cluster Lead and HIV AIDS Specialist to be based in Nairobi for the USAID funded Afya Jijini project within Nairobi County on integrated HIV/TB, Maternal & Child health and Nutrition.
More details on the job scope, attributes, competences and experience can be found on CHAK website: www.chak.or.ke
The position holder will be responsible for delivering the Afya Jijini mandate at the Sub County level i.e. Improved and Increased Access and Utilization of Quality Health Services through Strengthened Service Delivery and Institutional Capacity of County Health Systems in Nairobi County
S/he will guide UHAI team to strengthen Nairobi County-level institutional and management capacity to deliver quality healthcare services in order to increase access and use of quality HIV; family planning (FP) and reproductive health (RH); maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH); water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and nutrition services.
S/he will Lead the UHAI team in implementing an overarching strategy to help health facilities provide the full continuum of HIV services, MNCH including family planning, targeted community engagement and facility health system support, capacity strengthening approaches, including trainings and mentorship models.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, additional training Master’s in public health or any other health related masters will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in successful field implementation of HIV/RH/FP programs in Kenya
- Demonstrated skills in designing and rolling out GoK-endorsed approaches that result in improved uptake of services HIV services (Adults, PMTCT, Paediatrics, Key Population)
- Ability to establish linkages and relationships with County and sub-county health departments; health facilities; and implementing partners within Nairobi County working on HIV/ FP and RH.
- Strong communication skills, including writing reports and preparing of presentations
- Ability to work in under pressure and complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player with strong leadership and mentorship skills.
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names contacts of two referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Closing date for receiving all applications is 25th July 2019.
(Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)