Chief Executive Officer
Our client, a leading flower farm is looking to onboard a self-driven individual with an entrepreneurial mindset for a Chief Executive Officer role in the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the business including the growth and acquisition of markets for the organization’s products.
He/she will oversee financial management, development and review of operating standards across the business, compliance and risk management and drive the organization’s business performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify new markets and distribution models for the organization’s produce both locally and internationally with an aim to increase profitability;
- Analyze market trends and consumer behavior/needs and spearhead the development of products that address and respond to the markets trends and needs as well as customer needs;
- Lead the development and review of the business strategy in line with the organization’s vision and business objectives and oversee the cascading of the strategy to staff in the organization;
- Build and maintain a fruitful business relationships and partnerships with the key stakeholders and customers and exploit such relationships for business growth and penetrate new territories;
- Drive compliance within the organization in line with the relevant statutory, regulatory and industry guidelines;
- Spearhead the adoption of a performance driven culture in the organization with the support of the senior management team and human resources;
- Drive cost management and operational excellence to maximize on productivity whilst maintaining the highest level of quality and reduce wastage;
- Lead weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting within the organization.
- Work with the Board Chair to coordinate Board meetings as the Secretary to the board and support in decision making.
- Strategic Thinking;
- Entrepreneurial Skills;
- Operational Excellence;
- Strong Commercial Acumen;
- Stakeholder Management;
- People Management & Development;
- Financial Acumen;
- Innovative Thinker & a Problem Solver.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Agriculture or Agricultural Economics from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a similar role or a management role with a minimum of five (5) years at a management level.
- Experience in floriculture or fresh produce is preferred with exposure to local and international distribution channels;
- Working knowledge or a good understanding of certification and standards in the floriculture industry is preferred;
- Demonstrated appreciation of quality assurance, governance, compliance and risk management;
- Experience acquiring and growing new markets, distribution channels and enhancing existing markets for maximum business performance;
- Hands on experience overseeing financial management including cash flow and cost management;
- Experience in product development/redesign, packaging & pricing will be desirable.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject CEO -Floriculture by 5pm 10th July 2019.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.