Job title: Children Ministry Coordinator
Our client, PCEA Dr Arthur Parish of Nakuru West Presbytery wishes to recruit a committed Christian with a passion for Children and the gospel of Christ to fill the position of Parish Children Ministry Coordinator.
The coordinator will work with others to plan and carry out a comprehensive program for children that includes worship, study, fellowship, service experiences, and other experiences that guide children as they grow in faith.
- Mainly responsible for ensuring that children are considered and included within the life of the congregation and Parish.
- Assist the Parish and congregation committees, coordinating and working closely with clergy and other program-related staff.
- Plan and advocate for children and teachers, particularly in the areas of faith development, safety, and discipleship.
- The coordinator of children’s ministry will be attentive to the hopes, concerns, and needs of children in the community to determine how the congregation might serve them and their families and how they might serve one another as Christian disciples and good neighbors. The coordinator should identify key people in the congregation and community who are advocates for children’s needs and issues.
- The coordinator needs to be familiar with the congregation’s overall goals and how they are achieved through the congregation’s ministry by, with, and for children and their families. This leader should pray intentionally for children and their families.
- Advocate that all children are welcome and expected to be fully engaged in the ministries of the church
- Working with teachers and other leaders in the congregation to assure that policies and procedures are in place to help keep all children and the adults who care for and work with them safe.
- Such could include background checks, having at least two adults per group, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first-aid training.
- The coordinator will also advocate for mission education for children, including coordinating the preparations of the Ministry’s budgets & Calendar of events
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of the Ministry’s programs
- Counselling and offering psychological support to the children and other stakeholders
- Maintenance of the Ministry’s records
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in theology from PCEA Institution/ or from recognized Institution
- KCSE C plain or its equivalent
- Born again and have a genuine call to the Ministry
- Having a combination of these spiritual gifts: servanthood, teaching, exhortation (encouragement), leadership, administration, and shepherding.
- Demonstrate evidence of passion for ministry with children and deep commitment to faith formation of children
- Effective ministry leadership, and evidence of active and growing discipleship
- Basic knowledge of child development and understand the importance of providing a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Self-motivated with demonstration of integrity, team work and self-motivation
- Counselling skills with computer literacy and trained in first aid will be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested Candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to submit their applications attaching their CV and all the relevant documents to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd July 2019.
You can also send your application to the address below:
The Session Clerk
PCEA Dr Arthur Parish
PO Box522- 20100, NAKURU