International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world.
Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries.
Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve.
We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
Church Partnerships Coordinator
IJM is seeking an individual with expertise in church partnerships and mobilization that would equip and influence church leaders to embrace the biblical mandate for justice.
The Church Partnerships Coordinator will mobilize a church movement that will be aware of injustice in the community, are passionate empowered and committed to take practical actions to combat injustices.
Some of the key responsibilities and outcomes include:
1. Develop and strengthen a network of churches committed to leading their congregations through intentional education, empowerment and commitment to Biblical justice
2. Lead the thought leadership efforts and deliver on speaking and preaching engagements and secure platforms for IJM Kenya and local survivors to share their experiences within the criminal justice system to encourage the church to advocate for the transformation of the criminal justice system
3. Lead high-level engagements with churches and church institutions at their leadership so as to mainstream justice in their institutional framework in order that they would form justice networks and give leadership to their span of congregations
4. Develop compelling knowledge packs to be used by churches in training and devotional reflections to equip and influence congregations to action in protecting the poor from violence
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences from a well-recognized institution, Biblical studies and theology strongly preferred;
- At least 4 years proven experience in a position of church or church institution leadership, ordained congregational leader strongly preferred and having strong relationships within church institutions network;
- Knowledge and experience of global church – led justice initiatives and institutions strongly preferred;
- Proficient in group facilitation, with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with congregations, partners, staff and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
Technical & Non-Technical Competences:
- Exceptional organizational and networking skills;
- Exceptional ability in written and oral communications, in particular with church audiences;
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Exceptionally high levels of honesty and integrity.
IJM offers a Competitive salary and benefits package.
The positions are permanent and based in Nairobi.
Occasional travel (both national and international) will be required.
Please send your Resume, Cover Letter & statement of faith in one document and a valid Certificate of good conduct to email@example.com quoting the Position Title in the subject heading before July 19, 2019.
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.