Our client is a start-up financing digital platform and they are seeking to hire a Collections Specialist to engage in consumer collections of overdue accounts.
Industry: Financial Services
Salary: 40K – 80K
Duties & Responsibilities
- Call customers with overdue accounts
- Understand and explain benefits of repayment and credit history to customers
- Correct customer misunderstandings on product policies and terms
- Diffuse tension from bad customer experiences with the application
- Set up payment plans and follow-up schedule
- Establish and maintain caring relationships with customers, determine reasons for non-payment and engage in negotiations to bridge business and customer needs
- Educate customers on consequences for late payments
- Escalate difficult or unusual cases to Team Lead
- Escalate and document problems with customer identification information
- Provide feedback on reasons for default to Team Lead
- Champion the voice of the customer to Team Lead by providing input on product and user experience
- Engage in creative projects and tasks at the request of Team Lead (example: onboarding welcome calls, white glove service for top customers, etc.)
- At least a degree in any field.
- Previous collections experience is compulsory
- High level of financial literacy
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Fast at typing and working with modern, digital technology
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to work a flexible and variable schedule
- Patient and able to handle customer complaints or misunderstandings
- Strong work ethic, punctual, accountable, and team player
- Quick learner, creative, intellectually curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Readily accepts feedback and incorporates changes into behavior
- Desire to go above and beyond job requirements to deliver an excellent customer experience and create capacity-building change for the company
- Experience with multiple types of formal and informal credit products
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Collection Specialist) to email@example.com before 29th July 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.