Conservation Alliance of Kenya (CAK)
The CAK is an umbrella body with a membership of over 50 conservation NGOs working to advance the protection and management of biodiversity in Kenya.
Through their expertise and resolve they address the challenges and opportunities in national wildlife policy, protection and conservation collectively.
The Alliance aims to be at the forefront of setting the national wildlife conservation agenda in collaboration with the Government of Kenya.
Thematic areas of the Alliance include: Conservation and Development, Research and Data Sharing, Wildlife Crime, and Communities and Livelihoods.
The Alliance is recruiting a Communications and Administrative Officer to systematize the affairs of the organization and build the brand of the Alliance.
Duration: 2 years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Role: Serve primarily as a communication specialist for the Alliance, executing communication tasks based on an action plan and strategy that supports the Alliance’s strategy, membership roles and responsibilities.
The secondary function of the position is to assist the CEO with normal administrative duties.
- Develop and maintain CAK communications activities – mass media, social media, branding, marketing, and publicity
- Support the development of regular fundraising and membership drives and maintain an updated members’ database
- Manage the communications budget in keeping with the terms and conditions of funding organizations
- Provide formatting and branding services for CAK products, including reports, proceedings, and CAK publications.
- Develop the Alliance’s communications strategy in support of the CAK Strategic Plan for the next 5 years.
- Maintain all CAK documentation and relevant communication to and from CAK whether physical or electronic formats
- Schedule and co-ordinate meetings and follow up on board of directors meetings and external partners meetings.
- Identify and employ the best and most cost-effective communication tools in support of CAK thematic groups.
- Assist with other basic administrative tasks as assigned by the CEO
This is a challenging position designed for a multi-tasker who enjoys multiple, simultaneous challenges.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Excellent work organization skills are required.
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated, successful, prior work in the field of communications, branding, marketing, and publicity.
- Computer literacy with at least proficiency in at least one desk-top publishing software.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Prior communication strategic planning an advantage with a good understanding of mass and social media, audience identification.
- Demonstrated team work skills.
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications with a performance based increase based on mutually agreeable performance indicators.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV outlining relevant experiences, addressing the qualifications and expectations stated above.
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th July 2019