SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position of a Community Development Worker for SOS CV KE Alternative Care Project based at Eldoret and Busia Location.
Key Functions of the Job
- Community Development Worker will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Implement alternative care activities and timely reports to donors
- Facilitate the assessment of child, family and community structures
- Conduct individual & group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program.
- Implementation of economic empowerment program activities.
- Facilitate holistic development of children in the target group.
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of all the Community Management Committee (CMC) support groups, Community Volunteers and Community Representatives.
- Establish and sustain new and existing links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors, government of Kenya departments and the community.
- Support monitoring & evaluation of the programme.
- Lead in documentation foe evidence based
- Support co-workers of community-based partner organisations in their work with families
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Degree in Community Development, Social Work or Sociology
- Training in counseling.
- Must be computer literate.
- At least 2 years’ experience in community development or social services.
- A good understanding of issues facing orphans & vulnerable children.
- In-depth knowledge of psychosocial issues in children and adolescence
- Well developed communication, report writing and counseling skills
- Ability to ride a motor-bike will be an added advantage
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 11th August 2019 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality