The Danish Refugee Council is an International Non-Governmental organization that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC is seeking to recruit qualified candidates for the below positions:
Head of Programme, DDG Kenya
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is an operational unit within Danish Refugee Council (DRC) specialised in the prevention and reduction of armed violence.
DDGs programme in Kenya focuses on community safety, cross-border conflict management, promotion of conflict sensitivity and improving community-security provider collaboration.
The DDG Head of Programme (HOP) has the management responsibility for DDG’s work on Conflict Management and Security Governance in Kenya
- Master’s in Conflict Resolution, International Relations or other relevant field
- Minimum of five years working experience with International NGOs or operational UN agencies, including at least two years’ experience of community-level programming.
- Minimum of five years proven experience in conflict sensitive programming, conflict management, security governance and related fields in a management capacity.
- Proven experience in project management including budget expenditure, donor relations, reporting, proposal writing, staff management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilise resources and expand programmes
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English for project proposals, reports and communications:
- Experience in security and safety management in highly dynamic security environments is highly desired,
(Based in Dadaab Refugee Camp)
The Area Manager’s (AM) will lead in the strategic planning d development of the in programing Dadaab; ensure that operations are implemented within DRC’s assistance framework/regulations and in line with the DRC global strategies.
The AM is the overall manager for all the DRC staff based in Dadaab and is responsible for maintaining a highly motivated and a result-oriented team.
- Advanced university degree in relevant field (Relief id Development.) with at least 5-years relevant experience;
- At least 3-years’ experience managing large-scale multi-sector programming preferably in livelihoods and protection
- Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation. monitoring and evaluation
- Practical and extensive financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation
- Experience with UNHCR, BPRM, ECHO and European Aid guidelines highly desired
- Excellent report writing skills is a must
- Experience in security and safety management in highly dynamic security environments is highly desired
The candidates must be medically m and able to adapt to Isolated and potentially Insecure environments.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and a CV.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years One referee must be the applicants most recent manager.
Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Applications should be sent no later than: 15 July, 2019.
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.