Deputy Head Teacher
The position is responsible for serving as the deputy administrator of the school.
This position Is located In Dar-es-salaam Tanzania, the successful candidate must be willing to relocate to this location Effectively
Job Category: Managerial
Reports To: School Head Teacher
Main Purpose of the Job (Job Summary):
The position is responsible for serving as the deputy administrator of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, discipline and assist in budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
- Being part of designing and implementation of the school strategies, policies and procedures to ensure delivery of business objectives
- Driving school growth initiatives and opening up new market frontiers
- Conceptualizes the broad goals of the school and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented to carry out the total school program.
- Assists the Head Teacher in ensuring that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system.
- Enhancement of Personnel Skills: provides activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- Assists in identifying the annual objectives for the instructional and extracurricular programs of the school.
- Ensures that instructional objectives for a given subject and/or classroom are developed, and involves the faculty and others in the development of specific curricular objectives to meet the needs of the school program.
- Provide opportunities for staff participation in the school program
- Establishes Formal Work Relationships: evaluates student progress in the instructional program by means that include the maintaining of up-to-date student data.
- Supervision and participating in appraisal of the performance of the school staff.
- The deputy maintains good discipline among students while maintaining healthy relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- The deputy complies with established lines of authority.
- Orients and assists new staff and new students and provides opportunities for their input in the school program.
- Encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with community members.
- Help manage, direct, and maintain records on the materials, supplies and equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine. The deputy involves the staff in determining priorities for instructional purposes.
- Assists the principal with talent management including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management
- Managing and Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
- Must be of a Kenya Nationality
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, master’s degree holder will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in ICT
- At least three years progressive teaching experience plus 3 years in which one must be in senior role within a school. (either as a deputy principal or a senior teacher)
ability in school administration, curriculum development, program evaluation, staff development, school improvement principal or deputy principal)
- Proven leadership, and staff supervision and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for education, social justice and children
- Investment discipline
If you meet this qualifications, send your Cover letter Updated CV and any other Relevant papers to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title REF DHT 2019 on the email subject.