The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa ¡s an International Baccalaureate World School that seeks to provide students of all backgrounds from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
The Academy seeks to recruit candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Economics Teacher
Reports to: Head of Department – Humanities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective delivery of the MYP and diploma programs
- Contribute Collaborative planning of the MYP / DP Curriculum
- Create an enabling teaching and learning classroom environment
- Integrate the AK Strands in the teaching and learning process
- Organization and Management of teaching and learning resources
- Supervision of internal assessment, personal projects and extended essay
- Contribution to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Education (with a focus in relevant subject)
- 3 years’ IB DP and MYP teaching experience or international curriculum experience
- Ability to engage faculty members across the grade 1-12 continuum
- Ability to bolster academic attainment at both the MYP and DP
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the link below and upload their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, names of at least three contactable referees and Copy of TSC Certificate via the AKDN Career Centre at www.akdn.org/careers/1519243.
The closing date for applications is July 28, 2019.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa,
Mbuyuni Road, Kizingo,
P.O. Box 90066 80100,