Vacant Position: Technical Manager – Engineering
Nature of job: Full time
Package: 150K – 200K
Summary: Our client dealing with processing of dairy products; seeks to recruit a Technical Manager with good experience in a manufacturing set up and if possible a dairy company. Responsible for supervision, direction, and management of Engineering and maintenance staffs to ensure production goes on smoothly.
- Supervises, schedules, directs workloads/jobs, and performs administrative duties to Engineering /Maintenance staff
- Directs and/or oversees the creation, modification, and maintenance of product hardware and manufacturing documentation
- Forecasting labour requirements in the engineering department
- Responsible for the development of the manufacturing requirements, objectives and definitions for a new or revised design. This includes the estimating of Mechanical Engineering effort and materials on jobs or proposals being quoted.
- Forecasts and administers/controls operating costs of the Mechanical Engineering department
- Carrying out mechanical machine routine check-ups, machine quality trend mapping and monitoring of utility operational parameters and spare re-order levels.
- Ensuring standard operations of the factory equipment to meet the right quality production at all levels.
- Collaborating with the Engineering team to carry out machine maintenance and ensure due inspections are done to the required standards
- Timely updating of the necessary process data by proper documentation for future reference and analysis to improve the system.
- Leading mechanical innovation and re-engineering proposals, research and conceptualization.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A good Combination of Technical and Management experience in a busy manufacturing company
- Over five years’ experience as a Technical Manager in a food or dairy manufacturing company
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Must have worked in the same capacity in a manufacturing set up
- Must be a team leader, team builder and effective communicator to motivate production team.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and provide solutions
- The job holder must be willing and capable of putting extra hours daily when need arises
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.