Our client is a leading fashion retailer in Kenya with large branch network.
They seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to take over the role of a Stock Analyst for the business.
- Stock analyst will monitor and anticipate the rate of sale for each type of product offered by a business.
- As a stock analyst, you will make sure that your company’s distribution centers and warehouses maintain inventory levels necessary to meet projected sales demands.
- Your daily duties may include writing stock reports, performing cycle counts, and determining periodic asset valuations.
- The job requires advanced organization skills, as analysts must keep several databases and spreadsheets detailing the various elements and aspects of inventory.
- Researching past sales trends and staying informed of current sales trends that may influence inventory demand.
- Overseeing the level of incoming products and ensure that it stays balanced with the level of outgoing products.
- Performing yearly audit functions and proving that all products were bought, handled and sold in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Analysis of the inventory statistics. This includes performing financial analytics to determine which products are selling the most and which are under-performing.
- Document inventory discrepancies, such as missing or mislabeled items.
- Performing regular inventory counts and verify the numbers against shipping and receiving logs.
- Preparing regular inventory reports detailing inventory counts, discrepancies, and other statistical data.
- Compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Comparing inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verifying clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiling information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Preparing reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Preparing list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Acting as a merchandiser from time to time
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- Must have experience of at least 3 years as an Inventory or Stock Analyst preferably in retail business or retail fashion business.
- Good Business acumen and analytics
- Merchandising experience will be added advantage.
- Excellent use of Excel formulas. Demonstrable use of advanced Excel will be an added advantage.
- Able to work on complex data sets to generate clean, actionable data on trends, patterns and deviations.
- Good Analytical Skills
- Detail Oriented/Attention to details
- Ability to Multitask
- Tech Savvy- Computer Skills
- Good communication Skills-Verbal and Written
- Mathematical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Business skills
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates that meets the criteria set above are asked to send their CV to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 25th July, 2019 quoting “STOCK ANALYST” on your email subject line.
Only SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.