Female PE and Sports Teacher
Jaffery Academy Mombasa is a welcoming friendly international school in the coastal region with vibrant learning space incorporating the latest technology to engage and inspire students. The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the UK Curriculum (IGCSE, AS & A Levels).
We have the nursery, junior and senior section. The Academy is seeking to recruit a motivated female P.E and Sports teacher.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes that cater for the needs and development of the students according to age, ability and aptitude within their class.
- Observing, assessing and recording students’ performance, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development and prepare them for examinations.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students.
- Organization or active participation in regular extra-curricular activities. Attendance at all Parents’ counselling and advising meetings as directed by the Head of school
- Attendance at all Staff Training and Continuing Professional Development activities as arranged by the school and under the direction of the Head of school
- Attendance and participation in (as required) all School Assemblies relevant to the teacher’s class responsibility, under the direction of the Head of school.
- Providing pastoral care and support to students, providing them with a secure environment to learn. Contributing to the professional development of new teachers and student according to arrangements agreed with the head of school.
- Plan coordinated PE scope and sequence, which articulates the programme and ensures that it is age appropriate by referencing against external benchmarks.
- Coach more than one sport and helping with contributing to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students
Key qualifications, skills & qualities required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a Kenyan University in Education or Graduates in Sports/ Recreational Science with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education will be considered.
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission.
- At least five years teaching experience
- Successful experience in teaching and learning.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in teaching and learning practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to form effective relationships with all stakeholder groups
If you are qualified and motivated to work in a school with an international curriculum, we would like to hear from you. Kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th July 2019.The title of the email should be Female P.E and Sports teacher.