Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager – Retail
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is in the retail business managing a chain of a pharmaceutical outlets in Nairobi and Mombasa.
They seek to hire a competent Finance and Operations Manager who will be tasked with the improvement of the financial management, optimizing the weighted average capital, general business operations and advising management on the best risk-adjusted return through management of outlets and stakeholders to attain operational efficiency.
- Timely Financial reporting and interpretation of statements to the directors, giving recommendations of actionable steps.
- Drive financial sustainability plan whilst periodically report to all stakeholders on progress.
- Verification of payment vouchers, and reconciliation of irregularities/discrepancies within the books of accounts.
- Prepare and finalize the annual budget and quarterly performance reports, as needed.
- Develop and monitor the capital budget with the Director’s, ensuring the fixed asset register is updated and managed on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all operational reports submitted accurately and within the appropriate timelines.
- Provide regular forecasts and assist the MD in preparing forecasts for the headquarters and branches for planning purposes.
- Safeguarding the company’s financial resources by regularly updating customer databases, client information, data backup, etc.
- Evaluating the various revenue channels, advising on risk and areas in which operational efficiencies can be attained as well as optimal application of resources to support the business.
- Monitor and control current expenditures to ensure that expenditures remain within available funding and approved budgets.
- Compliance with legal requirements, advising management on action points while maintaining confidentiality of company resources, including client information.
- Ensure adherence and due process of procurement and inventory management systems.
- Development of pricing models by analyzing changes in product design, marketing positioning, and services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual operating costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual activity costs, giving recommendations on synergies.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services, including competitor analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in financial management in retail is mandatory
- Registration with a professional body is preferred – ACCA, CPAK, ICPAK, CIFA
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence decisions at an executive level.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Integrity and superior communication skills
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Finance & Operations Manager- Retail) to email@example.com before 10th July 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted for interviews.