AFEX River Camp
Career Opportunity: Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Juba, South Sudan
AFEX Group provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the oil and gas, mining, NGO and private sectors in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery combined with many years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX team is dedicated to ensuring that clients have peace of mind and that their projects will run on schedule and to budget.
AFEX River Camp is situated on the banks of the Nile in Juba and offers hotel accommodation, office and conferencing space as well as restaurant and bar facilities.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven individual to fill the following position at AFEX River Camp: –
Job Title: Food and Beverage Operations Manager
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the smooth running of AFEX River Camp’s restaurant, bar, events and outside catering contracts.
Take note, this position is based in South Sudan and applicant must be willing to relocate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage all food and beverage day to day operations.
- To organize and supervise staff members.
- To provide excellent levels of customer service through hands-on supervision, monitoring and training of staff.
- To lead the food and beverage team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising personnel in conjunction with the HR department.
- To work to achieve targets and KPI’s from a cost and revenue perspective.
- To set and adhere to policies and procedures.
- To assist in the marketing of AFEX River Camp’s food and beverage facilities.
- To comply with all health and safety regulations.
- At least 5 years’ experience at a management level in the food and beverage sector of a hospitality environment.
- Holder of a Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Computer literacy with a knowledge of Office 365 and MICROS or a similar EPOS system.
- Applicant must be dynamic, passionate about the hospitality industry and hands-on in their management style.
- Excellent communication and guest relation skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse mix of staff and customers
- Willingness to live onsite at AFEX River Camp in the republic of South Sudan.
If you meet the above requirements, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 14 July 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.