Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future. We looking for a committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Position: Global Recruitment Officer
The People and Strategy Team ensures that Mercy Corps has the people, strategies and learning that will enable it to be a world-class, cutting edge, humanitarian organization, creating transformational change in the world. We do this through: the recruitment, retention and development of the best global talent.
Our aim is to drive strategic thinking and planning at all levels of the organization; create a robust body of research to guide us internally and externally and steward the organizational culture. To achieve this we align conversations on learning; keep the organization focused on what has the greatest impact; leverage our comparative advantages in the crowded and competitive international relief and development landscape; and assure we are constantly learning from our work and the external environment.
General Position Summary:
The Global Recruitment Officer (GRO) will play a critical role in supporting Mercy Corps’ recruitment efforts by providing full-cycle talent acquisition and recruitment support to the Africa region. The GRO is part of a large Global Talent team and may also support global roles in time and as needed. The GRO primary role will be to manage a portfolio of 10-15 global positions of varying levels and technical skills.
In addition, the Recruitment Officer will provide overall recruitment and project support to the Global Talent Team which will contribute to the overall goal of generating diverse talent choices in fulfillment of Mercy Corps current and long term talent needs.
Essential Job Fucntions:
Full Cycle Recruitment & Administrative Support
- Execute full lifecycle recruitment activities for roles in the Africa regions.
- Revise position descriptions and advertise positions through JobVite, applicant tracking system on Mercy Corps’ website and on external portals.
- Shortlist candidates based on established requirements and present them to the hiring manager
- Conduct phone interviews and provide summary notes to hiring managers then work with hiring manager to determine which candidates to invite for further interviews.
- Draft interview guides when appropriate and guide post interview discussions, when appropriate, and help identify and execute next steps.
- Conduct reference checks and follow established approval process to be able to negotiate offers.
- Complete new hire and change paperwork to submit to Mercy Corps’ Global HR.
- Utilize applicant tracking system (Jobvite) to manage recruitment from requisition to hire, ensuring compliance with Mercy Corps practices and applicable state and federal laws.
- Provide responsive, high-quality service to candidates with additional care for internal or former team members.
Communication and Representation
- Research relevant and effective job boards and post jobs as requested.
- Follow up on outstanding paperwork for new hires, changes and short term assignments.
- Assist with candidate sourcing, resume screening, reference checks and interview scheduling for Talent Team
- Schedule meetings with hiring managers and senior level leaders as needed.
- Support Global Talent team as needed with recruitment activities and related projects
Collaboration & Networking
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with talent sources in the region(s) assigned including technical networks, thought leaders, academic institutions.
- Assist in promoting Mercy Corps as an employer of choice by attending events, promoting through social media, job boards and developing talent communities.
- Build effective partnerships with internal stakeholders to support current needs and develop plans for future needs.
- Collaborate with all members of the People team to develop best practices, promote continuous improvement and foster information/idea sharing.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, business administration, social science or relevant field
- 2-4 years of experience with recruitment and talent acquisition related activities
- Strong preference for experience with the INGO sector and/or supporting a large multiple country portfolio
- Experience with successful sourcing strategies for globally representative and diverse candidates.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-volume context and complex recruitment environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, internet searching, and applicant tracking systems and use of social media for sourcing talent
- Demonstrated interest in staffing and talent planning in international relief and development environments
- Ability to communicate, influence and problem solve effectively across diverse cultures and geographical distances with sensitivity
- French fluency strongly preferred
For the full job description and application procedure visit the following link: