Gulf African Bank
We are Hiring!
Job Title: Head of Credit
Reports To: Managing Director
Department: Credit & Credit Administration Location: Head Office, Nairobi
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Managing Director, the rote is responsible for the growth and maintenance of a good quality asset portfolio, ensuring the effectiveness of the Credit Department’s Structure and Systems ¡n achieving compliance requirements, effective utilization of resources, and providing leadership to the credit team.
1. Develop and Implement the Bank’s Credit Strategy in line with the overall growth strategy.
2. Review and recommend modifications in the Credit Policies and Credit Procedures’ Manual as new processes are identified or as processes are modified.
3. Review the micro and macroeconomic environment and identity risks inherent with the aim of advising the Management Credit Committee on strategic markets/businesses.
4. Oversee sectoral analysis of different economic sectors on a quarterly basis and identify and inherent risks and actions aimed at mitigating against identified risks.
5. Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against business risks associated with lending.
6. Conduct quality reviews of credit proposals to ensure the process is within best practice and the Bank’s policy and regulatory requirements
7. Manage credit risk exposures within the established limits, appetite and standards.
8. Ensure timely decision making on proposals within delegated approval authority.
9. Ensure daily assessment of the evolution of the loan portfolio; analyze daily loan reports especially on expected repayments for the purpose of tracking payment defaults and loan recovery progress.
10. Review monthly loan workflows to assess the number of applications received, the turnaround time of every step in the process, quality of analysis by team members, approval rate and take corrective actions
11. Monitor the workload and output of all staff in the department with the end goal of achieving high level of efficiency without compromising quality; and evaluate the performance of the staff in the department continuously in line with the Bank’s policies.
12. Provide administrative and mentoring support to Credit Risk and Credit Administration Managers, ensuring employees in the unit are well trained on new and/or modified procedures and policies.
Knowledge; Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field
- MBA or MSc. in business related course an advantage.
- CPA or relevant professional qualification.
- 10 years’ experience in Banking, 8 of which are in a lending function, with 5 years in a Senior Management role. Experience in Credit Evaluations, including Complex Credit and Structuring, is required.
Functional and Core Competencies Required for this Role
- Experience in credit with a sound understanding of credit risk and the techniques of financial analysis
- Knowledge of relevant lending products
- Strong credit analytical skills including business plan analysis, numerical and financial analysis and interpretation
- Strong understanding of credit process, and ability to prepare high-quality credit proposals for Board approval
- Deep understanding of regulatory and legal environment
Ability to set appropriate targets and work towards achieving these targets to meet the overall strategy of the Bank.
Accountability- demonstrate and communicate a high level of ownership and commitment to achieving results
Ability to plan by using an effective methodology to determine priorities, set goals, create a plan, take action and measure results
Ability to take a systematic approach to solving problems rather than reacting to symptoms
Ability to make decisions by assessing the importance, urgency and risk associated with each situation and taking actions which are timely and in the best interest of the Bank
Ability to acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes required for work performance for self and team members
Ability to build team capacity by championing effective and committed teams within the department and across functions.
High levels of professionalism and professional development.
Honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
Have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
CLICK HERE to apply online
Applications should reach us on or before 30th July 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.