AIC Githumu Hospital
Job Advertisement: Head of Pharmacy
AIC Githumu Hospital is an award-winning mission hospital in Muranga that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality care accessible to every family.
Job Summary: We are searching for Kenya’s smartest and most caring Pharmaceutical Technologist who want to become amazing all-around evidence-based provider.
The Pharmaceutical Technologist MUST be ready to superintend the Pharmacy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
- Dispense drugs as prescribed
- Participate in counselling of patients taking antiretroviral drugs in order to promote compliance with the prescribed regimen
- Sourcing for drugs appropriately and liaise with procurement department in placement of orders
- Making and follow-up of order to ensure they arrive on time
- Locate, remove and discard any expired drugs as per the regulations of Public Health
- Attend approved job trainings e.g. seminars or workshops
- Conduct monthly physical stock counts
- Lead and manage the pharmacy team ensuring motivation of the team, building and encouraging teamwork, ensuring proper coverage, impartial allocation of duties, ensuring completion of assigned daily duties
- Supervision of work ensuring quality standards of service are met and maintained
- Interview and orient new pharmacy staff members in liaison with HR Office
- Ensure good store keeping practice for all the drugs
- Ensure the high quality of drugs stocked by the pharmacy
- Prepare and manage the pharmacy budget
- Develop, review and regularly update procedure manual for the department
- Supervise students who are on practical attachment/internship
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MUST have over 6 years of work experience
- MUST be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- MUST have a valid practicing license
Send your application letter and CV and state how your experience matches the specifications.
Include also your expected salary
via Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 30th July, 2019.
You may also drop hardcopies to:
AIC Githumu Hospital
P.O Box 238