Head – Project Management Division (Kenya)
We are currently looking for a Head of our Project Management Division- within our East African business. Although based from Nairobi this will cover the other countries in the region.
Responsible for services delivery and financial performance of the Project Management business in the region, including responsibility across win work and deliver work functions. An integral part of the Management Team responsible for our project management services engagements across the region.
Emphasis is on providing leadership and direction to the business and projects in the region – across all sectors.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified professional with a minimum of 15 years’ experience capable of providing strategic direction, planning, leadership, project direction and technical expertise to manage a portfolio of multidisciplinary projects.
He/She must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent in Project Management or Engineering or Architecture or Quantity Surveying, or any related profession in the built environment (and have Chartered/Registered status or equivalent) with the last 5 years being in a similar senior management role.
Experience working internationally on significant projects in various sectors is key, preferably with experience within Africa.
He/She will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company’s reputation with our clients and developing effective long term relationships with key clients. A key responsibility is identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
- Degree in Project Management or Engineering or Architecture or Quantity Surveying or related profession in the built environment;
- Experience in leading on large multi-disciplinary projects and/or managing a major programme of works on multi-million dollar projects;
- Experience of leading a business and having responsibility for a P&L account;
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget;
- Ability to achieve results;
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering projects involving numerous stakeholders;
- The role entails a significant element of business development, and the candidate will have experience of developing all aspects of major proposals as well as identification of new clients and/or opportunities for the business
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations;
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct a business within a large multi-national organization.
- Be resilient with a “can do” attitude and able to work under pressure
- Be collaborative and able to work across regional and business boundaries
- Be focused on delivering to agreed objectives, strategies and standards
- Assert independent views and challenge when appropriate
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- Be the principal point of contact with the clients’ senior representatives for the successful delivery of project management services
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with clients and partners
- Develop a team spirit and collaborative working relationships within the Project Management Division
- Develop close working relationships with other division and business heads, locally and internationally
- Mobilise and demobilize staff members to meet delivery requirements
- Support, coach, develop and recruit senior managers and other team members
- Strategic direction and significant growth of the Project Management Division
- P&L responsibility for the Division
- Manage the Division and its staff
- Oversee the delivery of all projects within the Division
- Manage the client relationships and key stakeholders
- Business develop to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives of the Division
- Manage all Division risks
- Ensure compliance of the business and projects with the Company’s Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet business and projects delivery requirements
- Ensure business and projects success
Send your detailed CV with “Head – Project Management Divisions” as a subject