Health and Safety Officer – Mombasa
We are hiring Health and Safety officer (accidents Prevention) who shall be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of occupational health and safety program of the workplace and other organization.
- Design the program: Makes and plan the program that is aligned with OSHA requirements in order to reduce accidents and other injuries that are related to work.
- Create and Maintain forms: Keep records of reports regarding the safety and health compliance procedure of the company. This includes accidents, preventive measures and violations. Such forms that he maintains is the Material Safety Data Sheets and other OSHA forms.
- Report and Monitor Safety programs: Responsible also for evaluating the incidents of accidents and injuries that may happen in the workplace and plan any changes and other measures to prevent it. Manages the reports needed for the management of the company to maintain and plan for any changes in the future.
- Liaison for OSHA: Makes sure that the requirements regarding OSHA is followed by the company for auditing process. He acts as a liaison between the OSHA and the company.
- Undertaking regular inspections and risk assessments and ensuring that any hazards or defects are rectified immediately.
- Training all staff in safety issues, and advising them on protective clothing and equipment where necessary
- Safeguarding machinery, fire safety, occupational health, noise, control of hazardous substances, manual handling, working with display screen equipment, and environmental health.
- Keep an accident book and must record and thoroughly investigate any accident, recommending any improvements in safety standards if required.
Qualification and Competencies
- Must have a degree in Health and Safety management.
- Masters degree is an added advantage
- Must have a working experience of about 8-10 years.
- Balances the company’s needs with those of others, including the client, the team, etc
- Must have the ability to demonstrate leadership.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 15th August 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted