HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Data Manager / Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire a Data Manager / Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an upcoming contract.
The Data / Monitoring and Evaluation manager will be an Individual with experience in database management and data analysis, monitoring and evaluation of health research data hired to support local entities in the data functions of the Kenya National AMR surveillance system.
The manager will oversee the core data management functions for the surveillance system and will work closely with other members of the surveillance team: Microbiologists, Information technologists, Epidemiologists and Project Managers at the central NPHLS labs and laboratory staff in hospitals across the country.
Data collection will be primarily captured and transmitted electronically and disseminated in many formats.
- Support the development, maintenance and upgrading of the data infrastructure that serves the surveillance system.
- Support and ensure the secure acquisition and transfer of AMR surveillance-related data protecting the confidentiality of the data collected.
- Develop data sharing agreements with all contributors to the AMR data warehouse
- Manage and monitor the data flow between the data collection sites and the NPHLS
- Ensure compliance with all data security requirements and contractual agreements with the hospital partners.
- Coordinate the needs of all stakeholders in the surveillance system including the information technology specialists at the hospitals, epidemiologists, NPHLS, MoH, the coordinating Secretariat
- Train field staff in the use of all the data surveillance systems at the hospitals.
- Assist in developing SOPs to ensure standardized data handling procedures with data quality and plausibility checks incorporated for cleaning raw data to ensure quality data is available for analysis.
- Develop and track the data project timelines as outlined in Donor work plan activities guided by the National Action Plan.
- Prepare regular reports and data reports for both hospital, county, coordinating Secretariat, national and international stakeholders. Manage and document requests for data and provide data in a timely and appropriate manner
- Manage data resources, and lead the design of new data-related tools and processes to enhance the function of the surveillance system
- Oversee the functions and maintenance of the data infrastructure across the surveillance (LIMS systems, the NPHLS server and the data warehouse) and the contractors that provide services to all these systems.
- Supervise and build the data management, analysis and reporting capacity of all data managers across the surveillance network staff to create uniform processes.
- Develop database to incorporate data on AMR /AMU/AMR to explore cross sector linkages and impact policy decisions and intervention strategies
- Develop strategic plans to ensure that the data management across the surveillance network can work efficiently and effectively in the long run.
- Travel and support all the surveillance sites across the country
- Mentor junior staff and research fellows
Experience and Education levels:
- Degree in an information technology, health information management or scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education / training. 3 years of experience managing and analyzing large scale data projects.
- Demonstrated expertise with database management/analysis using capture/analysis tools like WHO net, DHIS2 and experience programming in data management and statistical programming software packages (e.g., SQL, SAS, STATA, R).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to email@example.com by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer