HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Specialist, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire Finance and Administration Specialist for an upcoming contract.
The position ensures all accounting transactions and in line with GAAP and complaint with the Donor regulations. Ensures reporting is accurate and timely for the project.
- Handle full spectrum of accounting and financial reporting operations for the program site office, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Cash Management, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Maintain direct responsibility for day-to-day accounting and financial operations to ensure timely monthly closings and reconciliations.
- Review and approve payment vouchers, journal entries, cost allocations and other postings into accounting system and ensure proper coding and recording of all accounting transactions.
- Ensure effective financial accounting systems and up-to-date books of accounts and generate timely reports and analysis as required.
- Work closely with the program teams to prepare project cost budgets and forecasts for approval by management and donors.
- Responsible for oversight and preparation program cost tracking reports, cash flow projections and budget versus actual analysis for submission to HJFMRI HQ Office and program managers; maintain cost monitoring and controls.
- Prepare, consolidate and distribute timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements reflecting status of programs on grant-to-date basis in accordance with International Accounting Standards (IAS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and donor requirements.
- Monitor compliance with award funding requirements and provide appropriate guidance to program staff including allowable and non-allowable costs, grant closeout, preparation of budget modifications and requests for carry over or extensions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures, in-country statutory requirements and donor regulations.
- Participate in internal and external annual audits and provide auditors with accounting documents and explanations to audit queries, as requested.
- Ensure that procurement by the project is carried out in accordance with donor and HJFMRI requirements.
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Professional accounting qualification, such as CPA.
- A minimum of 6 years working experience in a similar position.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office applications.
- Must have hands-on experience working with QuickBooks or similar Accounting software.
- Must have thorough knowledge and hands-on experience within all accounting areas and strong understanding of internal controls.
- Must have experience in managing large donor-funded projects, including budgeting and external financial reporting to donors.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer