HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Health Capacity Building Manager, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire a Health Capacity Building Manager for an upcoming contract.
The Health Systems Capacity Building Manager (HSCM) will oversee and guide all one health program activities implemented the consortium partner and the coordinating Secretariat.
S/he will serve as the primary point of contact to the secretariat staff and coordinate activities within the AMR partner organizations, MOH at national and local levels, and other external parties.
A key component of this program is sustainability, thus the HSCM is responsible for ensuring effective capacity building and skills transfer to the Secretariat.
- Ensure that vision and plans for the program are innovative and are in line with the MOH and country program strategies.
- Oversee periodic technical reviews within the secretariat team and one governance focus
- In collaboration with program staff, provide guidance and technical oversight to partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure project outputs are realized
- Ensure integration of program interventions with other one health focused programs or through linkages with other service providers.
- With program staff, ensure the delivery of quality training, technical assistance and administrative and financial support to coordinating Secretariat, including the selection and coordination of consultants.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure appropriate and timely technical assistance is provided to achieve program goals.
- Lead, manage and supervise a team of Secretariat support and staff to meet program objectives.
Experience and Education levels:
PhD or Master’s degree in Public or an MBA with a first degree in Health sciences and above 5 years’ experience Capacity building and health system strengthening.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to email@example.com by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer