HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Specialist, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire an Information Technology (IT) Specialist for an upcoming contract.
The Information technologist will be hired to support local data and IT departments of the National public health to support all IT requirements of the Kenya National AMR surveillance system at the reference and sentinel sites across the country.
The IT specialist will evaluate, recommend improvements and optimize the information infrastructure of the surveillance system and will work closely with other members of the surveillance team: coordinating secretariat, TWG, Data managers, Microbiologists, Epidemiologists and Project Managers at al surveillance sites.
- Support the implementation, management and maintenance of the surveillance network LIMS systems, servers, backup systems and internet networks.
- Customize and develop software to fill existing gaps in data capture, transmission and system compatibilities.
- Ensure that key participants in the AMR surveillance network (NPHL reference labs, coordinating Secretariat, sentinel labs) are adequately equipped with computers and necessary peripheral devices (HDD, mice, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality at the. Recommend appropriate specifications for procurement.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners and recommending suitable specifications.
- Support video conferencing infrastructure to improve mentoring across sites.
- Provide support to all the sentinel sites with quarterly and as needed site support visits.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, test new technology and train super users at all sites to perform these functions to ensure sustainability of the existing infrastructure.
- Assist and resolve end user technical hardware and software needs from basic computer issues to networking issues
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically.
- Document, tracks and monitor IT issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Coordinate with the local administration to budget for and provide financial support for IT functions for long term sustainability.
- Research questions using available information resources and advise user on appropriate action
- Work closely with the data manager to ensure uninterrupted flow of data from the sites to the reference labs.
- Provide IT support to coordinating Secretariat, TWG during conferences, meetings, videoconferencing
- Provide support to end users on diverse issues • Identify vendors and contractors to support IT infrastructure and provide long-term infrastructure support.
- Mentor junior staff members
Experience and Education levels:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Information Communication Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- With 3 years working within health, clinical or research system in mid – large organizations.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to email@example.com by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer