HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Laboratory QA / QC Safety Officer, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire a Laboratory QA / QC Safety Officer for an upcoming contract.
The officer will be engaged to provide support to the laboratories within the Kenya national surveillance system to operate at the highest safety and quality standards to ensure quality AMR data outputs.
The Quality and Safety Manger will develop, implement, manage and maintain effective Quality and Safety policies and procedures across all sectors of the National surveillance system.
- Conduct safety and environmental audits and inspections as specified in the grant work plan at all laboratories
- Ensure that all laboratories attain accreditation status by recognized quality management schemes such as WHO SLMTA
- To audit the environment, bio medical equipment and processes in each lab to ensure the compliance with the local or international standards
- To identify potentially hazardous biological, materials and integrate methods to contain and neutralize them
- To educate & conduct safety awareness training to participant laboratories in the surveillance network
- To train lab managers at the participant labs to provide QA/QC safety and training
- Review the work procedure and SOP and identify and implement continuous process improvement activities.
- Apply the national biosafety guidelines and instruct on and implement the national training curriculum.
- Establish and track progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of the surveillance national plan and grant activities
- Develop, collects and reports performance metrics as needed.
- Provide training and the management structure for QMS
- Establish systems for monitoring and improving quality
- Evaluate and strengthen the existing eQA and iQA schemes.
- Ensuring that all the laboratory participate in the NPHLS EQA schemes and that corrective action is taken on the results, as appropriate and failures are reported, and appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Train designated QA/QC safety officers at the participating sites to fulfill their roles in the labs
Experience and Education levels:
- Extensive knowledge of logistic systems, planning, quality control and supervisory policies, principles, procedures and techniques.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer