HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire a Procurement Specialist for an upcoming contract.
The position ensures all procurement are competitive and adhere to all regulations. Achieves acceptable turn around for all project procurements.
- Efficiently manage and ensure success of the procurement, warehousing, asset management and shipment in accordance with HJFMRI procurement procedures and donor requirement.
- Ensure all requests are attended to in timely manner by ensuring all procurement rules are adhered to.
- Ensure all purchase approval are obtained prior to purchase.
- Follow procurement and logistics policies and procedures for effectiveness as well as under the guidance of the management assist in review and update the procedures as required.
- Adhere to HJFMRI procurement policy to ensure appropriate specifications of required items from end users.
- Liaise with and guide end users on the development of TORs and / or specifications for tender documents and ensure timely publication and wide distribution of RFQs to potential bidders.
- Act as the point of contact person for requisitions received for procurement of goods and services.
- Participate in procurement meetings to consider tender applications with due regard to approved technical specifications, market prices, quality, speed of delivery and economy of operations.
- Under the supervision of management facilitate the process of selecting suppliers of goods and services (bid solicitation, evaluation and awarding of contracts / P.O.s) for all phases of a project.
- Ensure proper quality control, specification compliance, monitoring and verification of deliveries, as well as timely delivery to the end user.
- Assist in stock control, by working with warehousing, and regularly submit situation reports on stocks, equipment and prepositioned goods.
- Prepare regular reports on the status of the overall project procurement processes.
- Stay abreast of and evaluate current market conditions and develop new sources of supply as necessary.
- Maintain standards of safety and security in the work environment.
- Undertake other duties as required assigned by the management.
University degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Business Administration or Economics or equivalent from a recognized institution.
Graduate / Professional Diploma in CIPS/KNEC or its equivalent in purchasing and supply qualifications such as CIPS or equivalent.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to email@example.com by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer