HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Project Accountant, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire Project Accountant for an upcoming contract.
This position will provide support to accounting processes and the review of payments and invoices made in execution of program activities.
- Assist Financial and Administration Specialist in ensuring that the project funds are managed according to the organization’s regulations and accounting processes.
- Review financial transactions (Travel Advance Requests, Cash requests, Purchase Orders, Expense Reports) and ensure that they are in accordance with work plans, budgets and applicable policies and regulations.
- Prepare and enter payment vouchers, journal entries, cost allocations and other postings into accounting system and maintain proper coding and recording of all accounting transactions.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documentation as per applicable organizational policies, regulations and donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheet expenditure, budget forecast proposals, and reports on the status of funds, as required.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Prepare monthly General Ledger reconciliations and ensure that reconciliations are prepared accurately and promptly.
- Participate in periodic internal and external audits; provide auditors with accounting documents and explanations on audit queries, as requested.
- Assist with preparation of program annual budgets for all its scheduled activities for the year.
- Review financial transactions to ensure that costs are charged in the correct accounts and projects
- Ensure accounting records are accurate and regularly updated to ensure timely monthly reconciliations and closure of accounting period.
- Ensure liquidations are done in accordance to the organization’s policies and staff accounts are updated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business.
- CPA Part II (Section 4) or equivalent.
- Experience working with quick books is an added advantage.
- At least two years of experience in a busy accounting environment.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and attention to details.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer