HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Project Director Kenya, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire a Project Director for an upcoming contract.
The Project Director has overall responsibility for the attainment of HJFMRI’s overall goals by providing leadership, operational, financial and administrative oversight of programs and operations.
To support these responsibilities, the Project Director must possess excellent communication skills, sound judgment, and demonstrate initiative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and nurture strong partnerships, foster collaborative relationships with government representatives, research collaborators and sentinel sites.
- Support the coordinating secretariat in planning and establishing an effective mechanism at national and county levels among partners and stakeholders’ in AMR surveillance on animal and human health.
- Proactively collaborate across multifunctional teams (Program Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, HR, and Administration) to create an environment that strives for consistency of best practices identified both internally and externally to the organization.
- Conduct capacity building and training workshops for the bio-surveillance workforce in collaboration with technical partners, national experts using the national trainers for the animal health network of laboratories and hospitals across the country.
- Assist the govt. on AMR/AMU surveillance network existing across the country, in collaboration with national stake holders and identified technical partners / universities and departments, and accordingly plan restructuring and rebuilding of the sentinel-site surveillance for animal health surveillance.
- Ensure quality is always maintained; support quality and monitoring processes for continuous quality assurance.
- Provide advice on manpower utilization, workflow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the programs.
- Oversee the fulfillment of contractual obligations of all technical and financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of sponsor and local government rules and regulations ensuring compliance at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Compliance, Project management, Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E), Technical support, Project implementation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience with international program management desired.
Minimum Education / Training Requirements: PHD
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to email@example.com by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer