HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs through funding agreements from the US Government and other sponsors around the world.
HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
HJFMRI is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position contingent on award:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager, HJFMRI
Job Summary: HJFMRI-KE seeks to hire a Senior Project Manager for an upcoming contract. The Senior Project Manager will support the attainment of HJFMRI’s overall goals by providing administrative project oversight to maximize the effective use of project resources.
Specific areas include: budget and accounting, space management, personnel management, overall management, contracts, and purchasing. Resolves problems and exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the program stakeholders for cradle to-grave program management activities including implementation, support, monitoring and close-out.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and project partners, academic institutions, and donors in the area of monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitates information flow between program members, scientific directors, HJFMRI and the Foundation.
- Oversees budgets to ensure fiscal compliance.
- Assists with the preparation of requests for contract/grant actions and proposals.
- Review and approve invoices and technical reports for accuracy on deliverables and ensure payment.
- Prepare timely program reports in accordance with requirements.
- Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned by the Project Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Compliance, Project management, Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E), Technical support, Project implementation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience with international program management desired.
Minimum Education / Training Requirements:
- MPH or MSc. in Management, 5 years of project planning and management experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and Curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line including names and contacts of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The position is contingent upon award of the contract to HJFMRI.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer