The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School that seeks to provide students of all backgrounds from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
The Academy seeks to recruit candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Homeroom / PYP Teacher
Reports to: Principal Junior School
Job Summary: We are looking for a Homeroom Teacher who can ensure quality implementation of the PYP curriculum program in line with the Academy’s vision and professional standards and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute Collaborative planning of the PYP curriculum
- Effective delivery of the PYP program
- To assess, record and track the progress of all students.
- To communicate assessment feedback sensitively, effectively and honestly to parents.
- To resource programme needs effectively and ensure careful maintenance of existing inventory.
- To actively participate in the life of the Junior School and the Academy as a whole.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Education
- 2 years’ IB PYP teaching experience or international curriculum experience
- Ability to engage faculty members across the grade 1- 6 continuum
- Ability to bolster academic attainment at the PYP
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the link below and upload their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, names of at least three contactable referees and Copy of TSC Certificate via the AKON Career Centre at www.akdn.org/careers/1518283.
The closing date for applications is July 28, 2019.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa,
Mbuyuni Road, Kizingo,
P.O. Box 90066 80100,