A.I.C Githumu Hospital
Job Advertisement: Hospital Chaplain
AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is a leading Christian faith based level 3 hospital in Muranga, Kenya.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Hospital Director the job holder will be required to glorify God through provision of pastoral care and counseling services to Staff, Patients and visitors and coordinating staff spiritual activities
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evangelism and discipleship to the AIC Githumu Hospital members of staff, patients and all stakeholders including the church members as a family
- Bed to bed evangelism and discipleship to patients
- Conduct prayers to the inpatient/outpatient/mortuary general services
- Counseling and visitation of patients, staff members and AIC Githumu Members
- Follow-up of new converts at home and churches
- Organizing spiritual development programmes (chapel services, spiritual emphasis weeks, rallies, daily morning devotions, small groups)
- Spiritual welfare support (comforting on bereavements, weddings and engagements)
- Evangelism and discipleship
- Supervision of chaplaincy activities
- Sit in management meetings and other sub-committees as directed by the hospital director
- Participate in interviews for staff
- To provide individual, group pastoral counseling for Staff and to maintain appropriate records.
- To ensure each department has enough resources and materials necessary for spiritual growth.
- Assess every staff’s spiritual growth on one to one basis and seek to know how AIC Githumu Hospital chaplaincy division may help them grow spiritually.
- To provide seminars, workshops and training programs for the staff.
- To provide consultation to the Director, peers and other staff members relating to pastoral ministries.
- In liaison with the HR Division organize recreation activities that will make members of AIC Githumu Hospital Staff fellowship and interact well with one another.
- To conduct specific research and data collection and other projects related to the spiritual wellbeing of patients and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with local, region and area AIC Church Council on spiritual matters
- Represent the hospital director in relevant meetings and conferences.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Evidence of spiritual maturity
- Diploma in theology and or biblical or Christian counseling from an accredited institution.
- Training in counseling psychology is added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position or related experience
- Previous experience as a Pastor or Chaplain in a healthcare setting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of a broad range of biblical and vocational counseling methods.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information.
- Ability to provide educational and discipleship programs to staff
Send your application letter and CV and state how your experience matches the specifications via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before 22nd July, 2019.
You may also drop hard copies to:
AIC Githumu Hospital
P.O Box 238