ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent will be responsible for technical tasks related to carpentry work, carries our repairs and maintenance of existing structures under supervision.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform carpentry work as directed, carry out any repairs or changes to existing structures;
- Assessment of materials and cost estimates required for projects;
- Make different kinds of furniture/joinery with good finishes;
- Knowledge of painting and varnishing work to any given item or building;
- Appropriate use of the electrical equipment for carpentry i.e. planners, jigsaws, sanders and drills.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Certificate of technical training grade III in Carpentry or an equivalent;
- Must have completed Secondary School Education or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field with good references;
- Having knowledge and experience in welding work is an asset;
- Computer Literate.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 12th July 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Delegation,
via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Carpenter must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.