IT Support Officer
Our client, dedicated to the advancement of wealth management through the provision of excellent products, is seeking to recruit an IT SUPPORT OFFICER to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization.
The IT support officer will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To Execute Service Desk and Service Delivery duties within the organization by being the first point of contact for all IT Service requests and Incident reported.
- In addition, the successful candidate will also offer 1st level user support for IT applications/peripheral systems and escalate high impact issues to the appropriate resource in the organization.
- The role also requires knowledge in Reporting to facilitate monthly service and ICT planning reports to the COO.
- Provide first level support to all users when required
- Act as first level application support for users by analyzing, categorizing and logging issues reported via calls or emails at service desk.
- Escalate any issues not resolved at 1st level to the 2nd level support.
- Assist in installation and support of peripheral systems.
- Maintenance of ICT Assets particularly computers and IP Phones
- In charge of facilitating timely completion and updating tasks in the 2019 ICT Action Plan
- Coordinating ICT procurement by supporting the procurement team with tasks such as requirements provision and verification
- Investigate any service disruptions reported and initiate the incident management process to ensure timely resolution.
- Conduct periodic checks for IT Systems by monitoring fluctuations and alerts, subsequently inform the responsible teams.
- Manage the communication from IT to stakeholders.
- Advice the business of any high or critical incidents affecting services by sending out formal communication.
- Ensure appropriate change management process is followed by communicating change deployment plans and downtime anticipated to stakeholders.
- Provide constant feedback to affected users on the incidents and requests raised until resolution by following up with IT support resources.
- Provide planned and ad-hoc reports when requested, by collating information.
- Provide excellent customer service to the users
- Ensure proper phone and email etiquette.
- Advise users and follow up on the incidents reported to closure.
- Assign and allocate all issues reported via phone or email in a timely manner.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or related field
- 2-4 Years in Service Desk support Role, Technical support, Systems Administration, 1st level Applications support or Systems Analysis.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
- ITIL foundation or COBIT 5 certificate would be desirable
- Knowledge of ICT Asset Management systems
- Knowledge of Windows troubleshooting
- Knowledge of hardware troubleshooting.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com on or before close of business 20th July 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement