Job Vacancies at Family Media
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the production
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in video editing
- Have solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. After Effects, Final Cut)
- Have a diploma or degree in video editing, film studies or related field
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- We are looking for an experienced sales person for our popular Family radio and TV stations.
- We need a person who has a love for our station and shares in our vision.
- What we require for you to have is a university level education, at least 3 years’ experience in the media business and a great optimistic character.
Radio Broadcast Journalist
The Radio Broadcast Journalist will be working in radio to supply news content, identify, research and present news stories for a wide range of audiences.
S/he will be expected to broadcast On-Air: presenting news bulletins, recording interviews, voicing news items and or longer features.
The Radio Broadcast Journalist must have;
- A strong sense of what makes a good news story.
- An interest in news and current affairs and good general knowledge.
- Ability to generate original ideas and to think creatively about how to communicate them.
- Excellent writing and story-telling skills which you can adapt for different audiences and platforms.
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness, a willingness to ask questions but also to listen.
- A thorough knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulation, and broad experience of their application in radio and the practice of journalism.
- The capacity to maintain objectivity in order to be fair and balanced in the treatment of stories.
- A wide-ranging interest in news and current affairs and particularly in issues relevant to the communities and audiences served by Family Media Limited.
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people.
- Ability to maintain objectivity in order to be fair and balanced in the treatment of stories.
- The ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios.
- The ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio editing, and, when necessary, to manipulate visual images or edit video, and upload all such material for use on websites.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and adaptability.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th July 2019 with the job title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly visit http://familymedia.tv/job-openings/ for more details.