Kenya Bureau of standards (KEBS)
Recruitment of Managing Director
Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) is a statutory organization of the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the laws of Kenya in July 1974.
KEBS is mandated to provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry, provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization, facilitation of the implementation and practical application of standards and maintenance and dissemination of the International System of Units (SI) of measurements.
The Managing Director is the head of the organization and Accounting Officer.
The Managing Director reports to the National Standards Council (NSC) and provides strategic leadership and implements the NSC’s decisions in accordance with the organization’s Strategic Plan.
The successful candidate will be a member and the secretary to NSC and will be responsible for driving the organization’s Vision, Mission and Strategy in line with the Standards Act Cap. 496 of the Laws of Kenya and implementation of Council’s decisions to achieve the organization’s goals, objectives to achieve its mission.
- Provide visionary leadership to KEBS and facilitate achievement of set goals and objectives through efficient management of staff and resources;
- Lead development and implementation of KEBS’ strategy, business plans and operating budgets in order to meet the Country’s standardization, quality assurance, inspection, metrology and testing needs;
- Oversee planning and execution of KEBS’ technical programs and projects and ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of these programs to deliver superior performance;
- Safeguard the organization’s assets including prudent management of the organization’s financial resources;
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national and international levels to ensure that the country remains competitive through standardization;
- Foster a culture of quality and performance that promotes high standards of ethical practices, good corporate citizenship as well as health and safety;
- Responsible for stakeholder management and enhancement of the KEBS corporate image; and
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for sustainable development.
- Bachelors and Master’s degree ¡n any of the following fields; Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Commerce, Social Sciences, Education, Law, or any other related field from a recognized University;
- A minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience out of which ten (10) years must have been in senior management;
- Certification in corporate governance from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Interested persons will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and be in possession; HELB, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Investigations, Clearance Certificate from Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you are energetic highly motivated and have passion for excellence in pursuit of business growth and success, please submit your application with copies of your professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae, with details of your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contact and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
For full details about these positions please log on to KEBS website: www.kebs.org
Only Email applications will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted through email; email@example.com on or before 24th July 2019 at 5.00pm
KEBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality.
To be considered, your application should be received by the undersigned
National Standards Council
P.O. Box 54974 — 00200
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.