Linton’s Beauty World
Job Title: Retail Store Manager
Reporting to: Group Retail Manager
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Brief profile on the company: Since its establishment Linton’s Beauty World has offered end-to-end services and products within the beauty industry. Services include individualized consultation and therapy based beauty solutions.
Our business is modelled to provide a one-stop destination for all beauty needs. We distribute and retail premium and mid-range brands to the modern Kenyan woman, that include makeup, skin care and fragrances.
Our stores offer a host of beauty & health spa services, and we specialize in professional make-up, skin care and nutritional consultancy services.
About the Role: A retail manager’s role is to run a store successfully. Working on the shop floor, be in constant contact with their customers and staff. They are responsible for ensuring their staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store. Possess excellent management skills, able to train, mentor, motivate and direct the sales representatives at the store.
Customer, Sales & Market Growth
- Create and maintain an atmosphere geared to achieving sales and profit goals
- In charge of driving sales through your team by creating and maintaining an atmosphere geared to achieving sales profits and goals.
- Meet with staff individually, to set goals and monitor overall performance. Develop their skills in respective areas. Identify training required.
- Resolve customer issues and requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- With support from the Marketing team, help run in-store promotions and activations as well as initiating special events.
- Preserve merchandising, display, and showroom hygiene standards and guidelines.
- Handling any corporate clients and/or handing them over to trade sales.
- Ensure staff is trained in company products and adequately acquitted with services Skincare and artistic skills as established by the company.
- Ensuring the sales team keeps up with trends utilizing the talent management team to constantly develop skills thus being a market leader in an evolving beauty industry.
Inventory management and control
- Responsible for the managing and ordering of stock through the supply chain.
- Ensure that the inventory levels are sufficient on a month to month basis.
- Ensure relevant paper work is done in regards to returns from the clients and inter-store stock transfers.
- Ensure safe handling and storage of stocks in your store to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Collaborating with the Inventory department to manage inventory and asset management by adhering to set company policies.
Finance & Accounting
- You are in charge of the store petty cash, ensuring full control all store expenses within the budget guidelines and petty cash policies.
- Processing all sales through the accounting software and producing and Producing ETR receipts for each sale.
- Notify Finance HOD /his representative in case of system down time and obtain approval of processing manual sales. Manual sales should be posted in the system as soon as the issue has been resolved.
- Co-operate with finance team in regards to daily sales reconciliation and banking.
- Collaborating with the Finance department for cash management (taking full responsibility of the till) by adhering to set company policies
- Ensure daily cash up as per the finance guidelines and ensuring banking has been done at the intervals agreed upon with the finance team.
- Manage cash loss prevention procedures in collaboration with finance and internal audit departments.
- Keeping communication lines with Head Office team and generating monthly reports on sales and all the in-store activities.
- Create weekly work schedule for the staff members. Ascertaining that staff adheres to company policies in terms of reporting times, attitude and behavior at work. Liaising with the HR team in case of any major disciplinary concerns.
- Leave scheduling for respective team members
- Managing the attendance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ work experience, preferably in a renown retail company.
- Familiar with inventory controls and other control mechanisms for managing a store.
- Outstanding management and exceptional customer service skills
- Dynamic personality with the ability to take initiative to make a difference and eager to achieve high targets
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach teams
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English. Knowledge of a second language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Send your CV only quoting the job title in the email subject (Retail Store Manager) to email@example.com by 13th July 2019.
Please state your latest/current and expected salary.