Our client based in Kampala Uganda is looking to fill a Marketing Manager vacancy. .The company is one of the world’s leading companies within the Pharmaceutical Industry with a reputation of providing high Quality, reliable agricultural products and offering the best agricultural solutions through their dedicated team.
The candidate should be conversant with the agricultural(vet) industry market in Uganda.
The Head of Sales and Marketing is responsible for conceiving, developing and executing the sales & marketing strategy that would result into achieving incremental revenue, customer engagement and satisfaction, new business strategy and as well as enhancing the market coverage.
He or She is also expected to work in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to understand current market conditions. Evaluate the productivity of the marketing events effectiveness of the advertising and promotional campaigns Monitor review and report on all marketing activities on a weekly basis Any other task deemed necessary to accomplish the above.
- Implements and continuously improves a sales management process including strategic sales planning, sales channels, customer segmentation, sales organization, reporting, opportunity management, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Liaises with management and all stakeholders to ensure that the company objectives and strategies are accomplished that is; Accountability and Performance Measures.
- Lives and delivers the brand promise by building and maintaining lasting relationships with customers and other company stake holders.
- To develop successful marketing activities throughout the year to support operations & sales through promotions, Outdoor events etc.
- Liaise with the company graphic designer when creating designs, production & distribution of all marketing materials and activities, including the catalogue, literature, and e-alerts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with senior managers, branch managers and regional managers so that any assistance required can be given quickly and usefully.
- Proactively and independently resolve Marketing routine queries / problems / requests wherever possible from distribution and channels.
- Visit all the branches at least four times a year to ensure marketing activities are attended to as well as evaluate sales performance. Report and implement findings from the branch visit.
- Targeting high-yielding source markets through sales tactics Creating and communicating the brand of distinction in the market.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on performance of all digital marketing campaigns plan and execute all digital marketing, including Company Website, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns. Engage with audiences, across key social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube) and any other platforms. Identify trends and insights, and ensuring that the content is up-to-date and refreshed.
- Works closely with the Operations Department in order to define service offerings including innovation, new markets and new products to meet growth objectives.
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets. Required Skills and Qualifications
- Any other duty.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant must be a graduate in Veterinary Medicine from a recognized and certified institution.
- Certification and/or Professional qualification in CIM.
- At least 5 years and more of experience in Sales and Marketing, in the business related industry
- Has a thorough understanding of customers’ complex local and global networks.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) & should possess good public relations skills.
- Experience in developing and supporting business strategy
- Experience in the budgeting process (Preparing, Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Strong leadership skills with proven record of achieving targets.
- Able to communicate to all stakeholders articulately
- Has an in-depth understanding of global and local markets, industries and competitors (including methods on how to do market research) and is able to identify best practice in our industry.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of KPI based (sales) management processes and applies them
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to negotiate rates, sell services, and build professional relationships via any channel of communication.
- Should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, good design & creative eye.
- Strong analytical skills with a drive for results.
If you meet this qualifications , send your Cover letter Updated CV and any other Relevant papers to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th July 2019 quoting the job title REF MM 1634 on the email subject.