Norwegian Refugee Council
Education Project Assistant – Kakuma
Kenyan Nationals only
Ref. nr.: 3546764679
Full or part time (%): 100%
Number of positions: 1
Job location: Kakuma, Kenya
The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme.
NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Education Project Assistant reports to the Education Project Officer
- Carry out community mobilization and awareness creation on the project activities and register youth for training/learning.
- To prepare comprehensive work plans that will enable the instructors and teachers plan appropriately for the training activities.
- To ensure that training content is delivered using learner friendly methods as per the curriculum.
- To monitor in a participatory manner, the implementation of the training curricula and ensure all modules are completed within the training cycle.
- To ensure that training is thorough and trainees are able to apply the skills acquired.
- To cooperate and support the entire team of teachers in the project.
- To distribute training materials and other requirements on time and keep clear records on the same.
- To submit progress reports to the Project Officer monthly or otherwise as may be required.
- Promote close working relationship with other stakeholders.
- Create awareness among refugees and the host community on the project activities and forge cooperation with other community livelihood activities.
- A Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Education degree (Technical subjects/Science) or a degree in youth/community development from a reputable University.
- Technically and professionally qualified vocational skills development background from a reputable training institution is an added advantage
- Have at least four years of teaching experience in Primary School, pre-primary or any other formal or non-formal learning institution.
- Experience in community development initiatives.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills.
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge on use participatory and learner centred methods, children rights and the global education standards.
Education field: Education
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- High level of personal integrity and sensitivity to adult psychology
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile. Good knowledge of English
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Kakuma
- Duration of contract: One-year renewable, subject to funding
- Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
Travel: No travelling required
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Education / Training
- Role: Assistant
Deadline for application: 02/08/2019