Job Vacancy: Field Officer
Olivado EPZ Ltd (OEPZ), the world’s largest supplier of organic fair trade avocado oil, is part of the Olivado Group, which offers a vertically integrated system from farm to market under the Olivado brand.
Olivado developed the process for making extra virgin avocado oil in New Zealand in 2000, and in 2007 expanded into Kenya, where it has a plant in Murang’a (commissioned 2012) produces up to 80% of the Group’s avocado oil.
The company successfully runs a fair trade organic outgrower scheme of 2,200 farmers in Kenya, and is looking at replicating the success to mango processing targeting export and local markets.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Dip / BA / BSc /HND Agriculture
Job Field: Agriculture
The Job: The field officer will work closely with the farmers and Olivado Program manager to implement Mango Project in Embu and the eastern region.
This is a varied role that includes the following activities:
1. Able to use mobile / digital platform for farm and crop management processes.
2. Registration and contracting farmers: Enroll farmers into the mango project in accordance with the project’s set targets.
3. Conduct mobilization and sensitization forums for farmers, partners and value chain actors.
4. Visit farms / farmers / farmer groups on regular basis to follow up and track the implementation of projects.
5. Prepare weekly reports and monthly reports to the project management in a timely manner.
6. Inspection of farms and training of farmers on various certification requirements
7. Training farmers (including crop husbandry and pruning)
8. Harvesting and coordinating related field activities eg Sample collection
9. Prepare work plan and budgets based on required field activities
10. Any other tasks assigned by the senior management for ensuring smooth delivery of the project
Method of Application
Please send CV, Testimonials and application to firstname.lastname@example.org