One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia.
In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Monday Deliveries Officer
JOB LOCATION: Central, Kenya
REPORTS TO: Systems Coordinator
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve over 600,000 farm families with more than 6,000 full-time field staff.
Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
The Monday Deliveries Officer manages the execution of the Monday delivery process within the central region and supports core and trial deliveries execution both at the warehouses and from the regional office.
The delivery officer will also play a liaison role between the team and other stakeholders in these new pilot transporters responsible for continuous process improvement and adoption plan.
Plan for, develop and document new policies/ processes to support Program Scaling.
- Aggregates client feedback relating to processes, their own wide-scope assessments, and points of failure among unit members to create recommendations to management for changes to existing processes or the creation of new processes for their unit.
- Works with management to design, build and implement better, more efficient processes for their unit.
- Creates process documentation for all existing and any newly developed processes.
- Makes policy/process documentation centrally available to all unit and team members and holds them accountable to process adherence, leading by example.
- Works with management and the Data Team to track the success of process changes.
- Works with management to creates specific, dedicated physical and digital space/s where team members can provide honest feedback on existing processes and ideas for improvements.
- Works with management to build a collaborative environment where team members feel safe to vocalize concerns, generate big ideas and make improvements to processes by themselves.
Coordination of deliverable materials between procurement, orders, print and logistics.
- Provide valuable information to stakeholders on the availability of items received from suppliers and the QC status before rolling deliveries on a weekly basis.
- QC of received items in readiness for deliveries
- Qc of distribution sheets in relations to the TMS/IDS printed
- Provide feedback to Field ops on the status of deliveries to district meeting points.
- Source valuable feedback from procurement and field on the gaps existing in the delivery processes for improvements.
- Monitor and update logistics hotline and C.E Zendesk platform.
Support the delivery process implementation.
- Sourcing of vendors to QC bundled items for Monday dispatch.
- Allocation of transport means based on distance and weight.
- Tracking of dispatch time and arrival to district.
- Tracking of items returned from district meeting points.
- Providing a weekly report on deliverable, timelines, etc.
- Coordinates with other stakeholder teams to aggregate data relevant on trials deliveries in the region e.g. Truck distribution schedule etc.
- Ensures all quality checks are conducted and results tracked and shared to the trial owners for project planning.
- Coordinates with warehouse and execution teams to enforce the needed regulatory compliance practices that would result in quality support to client departments.
- Investigates through small scale logistics trials ways to improve processes and tools.
Act as a liaison person between Transporters and logistics.
- Train vendors on receipt writing and the acknowledgment of delivery notes.
- Guide vendors on TMS usage and goods handing over process.
- Constantly engage vendors on distribution feedback and improvement plans
- Score vendor performance in relation to timelines and advising the Monday delivery coordinator on any need to change/ blacklist a vendor.
- Relationship management with Vendors and support staff.
Preparation of Vendor Payments on a weekly basis.
- Collect vendor sign-up sheets for payment processing.
- Qc payment details and documentation
- Scan and forward necessary documents to Monday coordinator for 1st level QC
- Follow up with the transporters/vendors after payment approval to check if all were paid up.
- Track and record payment invoices for ease of audit purposes when the need arises.
- Orienting and training casuals on best Quality Check practices for the items received and those ready for deliveries.
- Conducts orientation of casuals on the usage of protective gears and response to accidents while in Qc and bundling.
- Bachelor degree/Diploma in Business operations, Supply chain, Logistics or related field
- Experience in Transportation/warehouse operations management
- Experience in Inventory Management systems desired
- Broad knowledge and experience in supply chain and warehousing
- Basic Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to withstand pressure, work for longer hours and be receptive to feedback
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and show integrity
- Above average skills in Excel Analysis
- Teamwork: demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect: extends dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity: foster trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation: brings creativity to workplace, enhance current logistic practices and develop new standard operating procedures
- Reliable: takes pride in meeting deadlines, exceeding expectations and being accountable for mission critical endeavors.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Monday Delivery Officer and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 10th July, 2019.
CLICK HERE to apply online. You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will NEVER ask for funds as part of our Recruitment process. Report fraud here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.