One Acre Fund – Kenya
Job title: Kenya Training Coordinator
Job Location: Kakamega
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Kenya Training Coordinator will be a primary facilitator for training programs based in their country.
He/She will be responsible for executing in-person training programs flawlessly and engaging participants through dynamic active learning strategies.
Additionally, he/she will provide critical feedback on how well training programs are implemented and received by participants.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain high levels of staff satisfaction with training in their country through flawless logistical execution of training
- Serve as a lead facilitator for training programs executed in their country. Primarily, the Professional Skills program for office-based staff and team-based trainings
- Implement and grade assessments
- Track progress of individuals and groups
- Communicate improvement ideas to the Kenya Training Project Specialist and Global Program Leads.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 1-3 Years of experience as an adult educator; facilitating professional development training programs
- Proven English communication skills (oral and written), with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to initiate projects and work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Strong educational background; Diploma/Degree in Education/Training/Development Studies/HR preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
Language: English required; Swahili useful.
CLICK HERE to apply online
All applications should be submitted by 5th July 2019
Preferred Start Date: 22nd July 2019
Job Location: Kakamega
Duration: Full-time job
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.