About One Acre Fund
Kenya Warehouse Supervisor
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Warehouse Supervisor manages and oversees the whole operation of One Acre Fund warehouse.
Ensuring efficient safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of a wide variety of products.
The person ensures workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
The supervisor is expected to ensure warehouse operations targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system (SAP).
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate casual work force.
- Act as a liaison between OAF and NCPB.
- Plan for, develop and document new policies/processes in support of scalability.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Warehouse Supervisor specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or Certificate / Diploma in the same field – with 1 year equivalent experience in warehousing.
- Specialized training in Procurement and supplies, store keeping, logistics preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in supply chain and warehousing.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and database.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff (casual management).
- Excellent communication skills and e-mail writing.
- Demonstrated ability to withstand pressure, work for longer hours and be receptive to feedback.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- General knowledge of Excel and warehouse management best practices.
- Other: Strong work ethic and teamwork personality
Application Deadline: 07/24/2019
Preferred Start Date: 09/01/2019
Job Location: Kakamega
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.