Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of specialist Doctors working and operating across the country since 2010 under group-based practice model.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, and Bungoma.
Job Title: Pharmacist
Job Type: Full Time
Main Purpose: Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate will help in running the day to day operations of the Pharmacy in line with the professional practice, regulations and laws of the land.
To provide comprehensive pharmaceutical service to patients and other customers as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contraindications, drug interactions appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patience convenience
- Preparing and dispensing medicines according to Good Dispensing
- Practices and counseling patients on use of medicines
- Making extemporaneous preparations
- Participating in ward rounds
- Identifying medicinal gaps and challenges
- Maintaining a daily activity log book for recording all activities undertaken
- Recommending Over the Counter (OTC) medicines to patients / clients with simple medical conditions and making necessary referrals
- Formulate, implement, review and interpret Pharmaceutical and other related health policies, laws, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Manage the pharmaceutical supply chain. Provide medical and non-medical therapy in patient care.
- Coordinate pharmaceutical services in public health programs.
- Provide medicines used in prevention, control and treatment of diseases.
- Provide Pharmaco-vigilance (monitoring, reporting of adverse drug reactions and poor quality medicines) activities.
- Monitor effectiveness of medication therapy.
- Provide technical advice and pharmaceutical care in approved areas of specialization.
- Undertake laboratory tests of medicines and medical devices to ensure quality assurance.
- Research in the field of pharmacy and healthcare.
- Plan, manage and monitor essential medicines during disasters and emergencies.
- Manage and ensure safe use of licit psychotropic and narcotic substances.
- Provide Health Education and health promotion on rational drug use.
- Provide information to health workers and the general public on new drugs.
- Establish and manage pharmaceutical information system.
- Develop pharmacists’ training syllabi and curriculum for continuing professional development in liaison with training providers;
- Provide Continuing Medical Education for health workers in general and continuous professional development for pharmacists.
- Facilitate training and assessment of Pharmacy Interns and students on clinical experience.
- Co-ordinate and manage pharmaceutical services.
- Develop and review Drug formulary.
- Disseminate and maintain information related to drugs.
- Enforce pharmaceutical quality assurance standards.
- Dispense drugs and medicines to patients.
- Verify and maintain information relating to usage of drugs and medicines.
- Interpret toxicological and clinical data from pharmaceutical analysis.
- Collaborate with drug control agencies to ensure compliance with pharmaceutical laws.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy and Poison Board
- Successfully completed one (1) year Internship from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Valid practicing license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board
How to Apply
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at Oasis Specialist Hospital along Hospital Road in Kisii town.
Online to email@example.com;
Applications to reach us before close of business 18/07/2019.
Remember to quote the job title as Pharmacist on the email subject.