Consultancy to undertake a Final Project Evaluation in Turkana County
Practical Action is an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We have been implementing the project: Promoting Resilient Pastoralist Livelihoods Project in Turkana County, Kenya for 3 years from April 2016 to April 2019.
The project’s overarching goal was to contribute to enhancement of climate change resilience for pastoralists’ livelihoods, hence making them better adapted to the consequences of climate change and better prepared to respond to drought to prevent recurrent drought related humanitarian situations.
Practical Action conducts project evaluations as part of its commitment to result based management of programs, and is currently seeking the services of a consultant or consultancy firm to undertake the final project evaluation of the above mentioned project.
The objectives of the evaluation are to:
- Assess the relevance of the project’s intended results
- Assess the efficiency and cost – effectiveness of the project implementation to date
- Assess the effectiveness of the project in reaching the intended results
- Identify, assess for positive or negative impact, and document any unintended results occasioned by the project
- Assess the appropriateness of the project design and management arrangements for reaching its intended objectives
- To identify and recommend potential exit strategies
- Assess prospects of sustainability
- Identify best practices and lessons learnt
- Document case studies from a sample of the beneficiaries
- Make recommendations for improvement
How to Apply:
The detailed ToRs for this consultancy can be accessed here: https://practicalaction.org/consultancy-to-undertake-final-project-evaluation-in-turkana-county-kenya
Interested consulting entities that have capacity to deliver this ToR are invited to submit a complete proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Final Evaluation for Promoting Resilient Pastoralist Livelihoods Project in Turkana County, Kenya ” so as to reach Practical Action on or before 23rd July 2019.