We at Masaba Services Limited are looking to recruit an individual for the position of Procurement Officer.
We are a telecommunications company with its headquarters in Nairobi but with works on going all over the country.
Our main operations are fibre to the home, fibre to the building, fibre to the site and fixed data support.
Role Summary: The core responsibilities of the Procurement Officer is ensuring timely issuing of materials and tools from the store, maintaining stock levels and general store management.
- Devise, employ fruitful supplier sourcing strategies and maintain supplier database.
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and or materials and services.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts with suppliers.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Maintain all the records of customer and company property in the store.
- Responsible for safe custody of stored product.
- Issue store requisitions requests to the Technicians and Engineers against appropriately approved requisitions.
- Receiving customer property, verify quantity and condition and receive and issue customer property as per the procedure (Receipt, store and issue).
- Generating stock report and advising teams on what is available in the store.
- Initiate purchase requisitions as per procurement procedures.
- Update inventory records in the finance.
- Calibrate of tools in time
- Provide sales team feasible prices that can be used at least 3 months after bid.
- Carry out ANY OTHER duties and assigned by the Managing Director
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies or equivalent expertise.
- Relevant Certifications desirable.
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Officer.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of industry practices/standards, operations, contract management.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment; Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues to contractors and fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good time management.
- History of adhering to safety procedures and practices.
- High degree of focus and attention to detail/strong organizational skills.
- Be able to speak/communicate clearly with customers, employees, and utility inspectors/regulators
We highly encourage women above the age of 30 to apply.
Candidates who meets the above qualifications, should please send their updated CV and Cover letter and attach academic certificates and all other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This should be done by latest Friday, 26th July 2019.