Job Vacancy: Project Officer and Business Development Manager
Supervisor’s Title: Head of Projects
Job Scope: Project Planning; Project Management; Supplier / Subcontractor Liaison / New Business Development
- Visit site and identify scope of work and prepare quotation.
- Prepare project plans detailing the steps required.
- Calculate material costs and personnel needed to complete the project.
- Prepare project timelines to indicate when each stage must be completed.
- Interview and select all personnel to work on the site.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans using computers.
- Effectively plan and allocate required resources to achieve the set objectives.
- Explain worksite policy, project goals/milestones and safety procedures to workers.
- Organize work activities and meet with Supervisors to review project goals/milestones and progress to ensure timelines are being met.
- Prepare reports for Directors or Clients indicating cost overruns, workplace injuries or the causes of project/construction delays.
- Work within the set key performance indicators.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents to the Head of Projects.
- Undertake client presentations.
- Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best pricing and delivery schedule.
- Responsible for selecting subcontractors (if needed) from pre-existing panel and negotiating the terms of their contracts in liaison with Procurement Department
New Business Development
- Develop a Business Development plan to drive business growth.
- Identify tendering opportunities and ensure participation and award
- Prepare monthly Business pipeline clearly showing timelines for closure
- Grow business from existing customers
- At least a Degree in a construction related field, preferably Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Good command of project management and mastery of MSProjects
- Understanding of ArchiCad
- Has worked with an ERP
- A motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Flexible to understand people’s point of view as well as demonstrate willingness to change ideas or perceptions.
- Must be proactive and a team leader.
- Should possess good leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about customer satisfaction