Our client is a leading Oil and Gas Multinational, they are looking for a Retail Marketing Manager to support the growth of their non-fuel business majorly the shops, stores and quick service restaurants.
The position reports to Head of Retail.
The job is based in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for effectively managing all available non-fuel portfolios in order to maximize profitability and ensure sales exceed customers’ expectations whilst adhering to the company’s policies and procedures.
They will also create, drive and manage all the engagements with third party and owned business facilities within the non-fuel sales channel.
Key Result Areas
- Day-to-day supervision of retail activities and coordination of the retail marketing activations and events
- Capitalize on all promotional events through successful event execution and staff excitement
- Support the effort of the Sales team to maximize sell through liaison between accounts, Retail Sales Merchandisers team and non-fuel Sales team
- Leadership of the non-fuel Retail Sales Merchandisers team, restaurant staff through hiring, training, coaching & performance management
- Track and record sales figures and provide with qualitative consumer feedback along with best practices from the competition for data analysis on R.O.I., performance management and future planning
- Ensuring non-fuel product visibility through best positioning within point of sale
- Maintain inventory of placement of shops/stores/ restaurants display assets and ensure they are continuously well stocked with non-fuel products only
- Supervise performance of non-fuel third party contracts/partnerships dealing with shops, quick stores and restaurants.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards
- Support execution of national marketing efforts and reinforce national promotions with retail shops/restaurants marketing activities
- Supports the retail brand internal activities involved in increasing restaurant involvement
- Initiate localized promotions and community campaigns
- Conduct monthly brand audits at each branch and follow through action plans
- Observe and analyze market dynamics in order to optimize local market opportunities
- Ensure supply chain management; stock administration, stock inventory and cash management flow
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in terms of service standards and product knowledge in order to grow the customer base.
- Analyze the shops and restaurant’s current retail branch position in the market and develop a local community map for each retail branch.
- Make recommendations on the non-fuel Retail stations marketing mix dependent on consumer, competition and station characteristics.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or equivalent
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 4 years retail management, hospitality, quick services restaurants (QSR) experience with knowledge in Visual Merchandising, Marketing experience and Sales
- Flexibility to travel
- Driver’s License preferred
- Proven record of being a self-starter, working proactively and independently, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Hands-on attitude with ability to travel 60% of the time and work a flexible, event-based schedule that includes a few evenings and weekends
- Good organizational, time management and product management skills.
- Good problem-solving ability with vision and creativity.
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills, Social & digital media fanatic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a competitive drive, wants to dominate the competition.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to email@example.com not later than 5.pm 31st July, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”